Disclaimer

"All prose and poetry presented in this blog bear no resemblance to any animate/inanimate beings. These are solely figments of my very scattered imagination (at most times).
Those who do feel a close connection to what is being depicted, need to stay out of my imagination then!
Happy reading!"

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fleeting


Just when happiness came knocking, my world plunged into darkness once again.
The light dimmed, the ephemeral smile didn't reach my eye, disillusioned I felt.


The fleeting glimpse of Utopia, rudely snatched
In its place stood nothing but shambles
Despair and arid hope its only companion
Mournful cries wrenching the night sky
Night it seems, but day it is
Light never to touch it again

Tears dry up, red eyes stare incriminating
Resentment wells inside
Loathing and ire close
Eyes shut in patient pondering
Control flailing however

Finally, an anguished cry escapes
Purgatory in sight
Reach it I will
Conquer this I must
For now though, I seethe
In blatant misery!

1 comment:

Beyond said...

Nice one.
it's just the darkness before the dawn..